I enter our quiet sanctuary:
a refuge, a place of love.
But I huddle in the corner near the door,
too aware of my inner imperfections, impurities,
hidden blemishes.
We are the only two in the room, He and I.
I long to run, hide in His arms,
listen to Him, and simply be.
But He is so holy and good,
and I know He loves me
but I am flawed
"Cleanse me," I whisper,
for I know He grants me mercy and grace,
but I cannot feel it--should I?
My eyes hold tears of shame,
but He comes close
and takes my hand to help me up.
"Come," He says. "I am making you a new heart.
I am turning the stone to flesh. It hurts sometimes,
but in the end you shall be glad."
And I hold tightly to His hands
and let the salty tears roll down.
"I want to trust You, to live for You, and do right.
"But it's so hard sometimes,
and I become busy and confused.
I'm like two people sometimes;
"Sometimes I want You and the things of the world.
I can't do it right."
He brings me nearer.
"I know it's hard.
But I am with you, and I am making all things right.
"I am making your heart of stone
into a human heart,
one that is pure, whole and holy.
"I am making you fully beautiful,
and you are starting, even now,
to bring glory to my name.
"For I love you, and I am
great above all. I am working
even when you cannot see.
"One day, all will be complete,
and your heart will be clean, alive
and truly real,
"And of the stone and dirt there will be no trace.
I promise."
The sanctuary is quiet,
but I am with Him.
And while I am filled with wonder,
and my shame is yet close by,
Still I yearn for Him,
and His love is stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment