The chaos: I'm sick.
The cosmos: down time and rest.
One thing (among many) I look forward to about eternity is the fact that we won't have to rush to do anything; won't feel compelled to hurry busily from one place, one thing, to the next. Granted, I'm not sure we should be so busy all the time in THIS life, but there we won't be limited to our four-score-and-ten, plus or minus a few decades.
Revelation says there will be no sun...still, I wonder sometimes if there will be sunrises and sunsets just the same—or perhaps something better in their place? Then we would rejoice with each sunrise—even on Monday mornings—filled with joy for yet another day to live in the reign and presence of our King!
Even as I write that I feel a bit like a child dreaming of a fairy-book ever-after, contemplating safety in the King's castle, all well with the world. No matter. Perhaps that is only a medieval twist on the truth after all.
The grey sky and wet, green grass and tree-leaves outside might seem dreary, but right now they make me feel cozy to be stuck indoors.
And maybe...maybe I'm not supposed to be sure about sunrises and sunsets on the "new earth" in order that I may appreciate them now, each day, rejoicing that I am witnessing another day beginning and ending, secure within God's love, safe in His grace and power, ransomed for all time into the joyous courts of His magnificent dwelling, priviliged—nay blessed—to know Him truly and delight in Him. Of course there is hardship, but I am His, and freedom will come....
No comments:
Post a Comment