Pages

Mariposa Lily

Mariposa Lily

December 27, 2010

Prayer request

Merry Christmas, my friends!  I hope this season has been wonderfully refreshing for you as it has been for me, full of peace as well as laughter.

First, praise God for bringing me through a long and often difficult semester!
I was so very glad to come home and be able to sleep lots and spend time with my dear family and some of my close friends.  Looking back, it's been a hard semester with lots of growing and a fair amount of stress, but God gave me grace in places I would not have expected, none of it deserved of course, and thereby humbling me.
 
Now, looking ahead, I come to ask for your prayers. As many of you know, I leave Tuesday for India with a group from my school.  We will be gone from Dec 28-Jan 11, partnered with India Rural Evangelical Fellowship to serve and see how God is working on the other side of the globe.

Please pray for us as we embark on this adventure!
  • Pray God would prepare my heart and the hearts of my team members, leaders, and the people we are serving in India, and that He would keep us close to Him and humbly seeking Him.
  • Pray for unity, patience and strength for our team, both in travel, with over 20 hours of travel on both ends of the trip, and while we are at the school.
  • Pray for my family as I will be gone for the majority of Christmas break and wasn't home for Thanksgiving, either.
  • Pray for safety in health and travel; physically and spiritually. We are particularly concerned that I have had a headache on and off for 7 1/2 weeks now. Pray that God will heal me, and if not, that He will give me the strength I need for each day! And as I lead worship, pray for guidance as well as plenty of emotional and spiritual strength.
  • Pray God would provide the necessary financial support, as I do not believe I am finished with my fundraising and the trip costs a considerable amount, and I know this is a struggle for other team members as well.
  • And finally, pray God would work in our team, in our hearts, and in those we go to serve; that He would be present in active, powerful ways, and that we would allow Him to use us mightily as He sees fit!
I am incredibly excited and cannot wait for this new experience; to experience God in new ways as well as the beauty of another culture and people.  I do not expect to have any access to a computer, so expect an update some point after I have returned and begun processing.  And please, if you remember, keep us in your prayers.
Thank you so very much!

In His love,

allison

No comments:

Post a Comment