The last week and a half at home has been wonderful as I've had time to rest in many constructive ways. Overall, I must say I like having time to be an introvert again. It's difficult at school, for when my time often seems filled over the brim anyway, time to myself is hard to justify. But now I have had time to read, write a bit, clean, spend time with my family and a few friends, and just think. You have no idea how much I appreciate having time to think when everything has been so rushed this semester!
I just read That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis, the concluding book in his Space Trilogy. It was excellent, though I'll have to read it again in 2-5 years (and likely again later) because I think I'll get more out of it then. The trilogy as a whole is worth reading; I recommend it. I got the most, perhaps, out of Perelandra, but again, I think a lot of That Hideous Strength (as well as parts of the others, probably) went over my little head.
Still learning to listen and to seek God. Granted, this is something I hope I never cease to learn. But it is especially clear that it's of utmost importance right now.
It's been a week of order, rest, joy, and I think it's slowly filling me back up as I start working more and life starts gaining speed again. I've been in the outdoors a fair amount, and God has blessed me with beauty here and there unexpectedly, so pure and strong it hurts, somehow. And I've missed that. It feels almost healing.
God seems a bit distant at the moment and I am feeling my smallness and sinfulness again. Probably a good thing, though...I need to be reminded of my flaws and imperfections sometimes, such can be my pride. But I know He is good--infinitely good, abounding in love, and much closer than I know. He will reveal His presence when He sees fit, and He is working in me. Praise Him for His sovereign holiness and majesty!
To Him be all glory and power and praise for ever and ever!
Good night, friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment