Pages

Mariposa Lily

Mariposa Lily

May 16, 2010

After Finals

It has been more than a month since I last posted anything, and I am still tired mind, body and spirit from the last few grueling weeks of school. Now I am home with a few weeks to breathe before work starts full-time.
I have a lot of thinking to do, and perhaps as I think I will write...I haven't really written in too long.  But right now I think I just need to listen.
Some tidbits from my reading:

"The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold,
and the Lord tests hearts."
(Proverbs 17:3)

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand."
(Proverbs 19:21)

"Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
over the man who carries out evil devices!"
(Psalm 37:5-7)

"Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges.  For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things." (Romans 2:1)

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."
(Romans 12:12; though I would encourage you to read that entire passage.)

Seek God.  Truly search for Him.  And join me in listening.

"Let all that you do be done in love."
(1 Corinthians 16:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment