I have lots of excuses: busyness with a new job, illness, not having internet at home, etc.
However, here, I think, is the truest reason. When I write, it's usually about how I see evidence of God's work and glimpses of the eternal in the transient moments of temporal life.
Fifteen months ago, I was swept from the great green Midwest to the strange land of the Sonoran Desert. Everything was terribly new: marriage, church, schedule, job, landscape. Even the plants and wildlife seemed strange and unfamiliar. I felt like I'd landed in a Dr. Seuss book with all the improbable shapes of cacti, agave plants, and so many others. I missed rain, and green things, and I read a lot of Hildegard von Bingen and Mary Oliver. For someone who connects with God through nature, this was rather an adjustment.
I love my job, and am thrilled to have found a place where my whole person is stretched and able to serve. While I never expected to be teaching (and I'm still not sure I will want to do so long-term), for now it is a blessing.
God has been unbelievably faithful through all the changes. But I could not easily glimpse eternal moments in the temporal when everything about my temporal life was new and different.
That said, the past year has been one of adaptation, of just being. This is a good and beautiful thing, and, if you know me, one that has been a long time coming.
I can make no promises about a return to regular posts--I still don't have internet at home, and that's a moderate obstacle. However, I may start writing poetry again, and God has begun to show me how he worked through periods of doubt and darkness, and such things often lead to writing. Thus, I feel slightly optimistic that you will begin hearing from me again through the months to come.
In Christ,
Allison
No comments:
Post a Comment