In January, this blog will have been going for four years. I'd like to think there are still a few people who read it from time to time, even given my sporadic posting this past year.
The past year has been hectic. I had a seven-year-old define "hectic" for me recently, after which she said thoughtfully, "I think a grocery store could be hectic." My brain has been the grocery store this year, one on a Saturday afternoon full of people bustling in all directions with different shopping lists, lining up to get out the door with the product of my thoughts. There are cashiers trying to be generally helpful and serve; workers trying furiously to re-stock the shelves and help the shoppers locate merchandise. Meanwhile the electricity runs constantly, keeping everything functioning as it ought.
It has taken a long time to recover since the last sleepless finals week in May. In between work and such things there has been much sleep and many good books--maybe I'll tell you about some of those books soon.
Now, slowly, I am beginning to feel my brain working again, to hear thoughts moving through my head of their own accord, and I feel the old writing urge again. It goes slowly, but it is good. I hope--and believe--that this return to thoughts and creativity will enable me to resume blogging regularly again, and I pray it is beneficial not only to myself but to any readers who are left.
It's autumn again, which as everyone knows means I will be singularly enthralled yet again by the muse of the season, especially where poetry is concerned. In that spirit the next post shall include two of my new favorite fall poems.
No comments:
Post a Comment