Pages

Mariposa Lily

Mariposa Lily

March 23, 2013

Broken Chains


[A testament to the work of God as visible and breaking through walls in me throughout the past week]

I said, "My Lord, why won't you break through my chains and free me from them?"

And He said to me, "Fix your eyes on me, not your sins and shortcomings and failures."

And I saw God was so much greater than my chains and I was ashamed to call His power insufficient.

I said, "You said You have broken my chains, and I see that parts are in pieces, but I can't seem to let go of them—they weigh down my feet as I shuffle along, and my back is bent under the load."

He said, "My child, you are free."

I replied, "I know, but I can't seem to feel this freedom!" And suddenly I saw that the chains were not bound to me but I was grabbing them from the ground and laying them over myself till I groaned from the weight.

When I looked at Him, His eyes were sad, and He whispered, "My child, you are set free."

And suddenly I looked down and saw my hands as I grasped another heavy chain.  I saw the thick metal was corroded, and it crumbled into dust that fell through my fingers to the ground.  When I looked up to Him in surprise, He smiled at me saying, "The power is gone from them.  Stand up and be free."

As I stood, the chains fell again to my feet, and some of them crumbled like the other.

I realized then that I was naked and, red-faced, I reach hastily for the chains again to cover my shame.

But He smiled again and said quietly—"Be still, my love; I have already clothed you.  Stand up; you are mine and you are clean."

No comments:

Post a Comment