Pages

Mariposa Lily

Mariposa Lily

November 7, 2011

Monday Morning Musings: Becoming Colorblind

But when will it all be new??
When will it be made right?

Forget to keep asking these questions…
Stop because the question hurts;
The longing for more aches within you and is not satisfied.

Forget the questions because the monotony of unchanging days grows tiresome,
And the days are heavy,
And sometimes the questions multiply faster than the answers
And often there are no answers;

You are met with silence.

So forget the questions and trudge on.
Get lost in the meaningless chaos,
In the details of every hour,
And the stale, gray blandness of routine, everyday life.

You must pretend you are not disappointed
When each day is exactly like the last
Because you expected no difference.

You must not, shall not feel the ache, the weight of wanting more,
Though you lose the chance for glimpses of joy and color--
With the expectation that something could happen,
You shall relinquish the slivers of beauty that do happen.

Though perhaps when you give up expecting God to work,
When you cease to look for him everywhere you go,
You give up the ability to see Him where He is working.
But this way there will be no risk.

Maybe in your ache to see the Kingdom,
In your fierce desire for redemption,
You will miss the Kingdom altogether
For fear it might not look just as you thought;

But now you are not disillusioned,
Though you be neither surprised nor overjoyed.

The world of gray envelops you, enfolds you in its dreary hues,
And in your fearful faithfulness
You become colorblind.

2 comments:

  1. This is quite powerful. I love, love, love the ending. Excellent work, as always. You should write a book. :-)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much. It's so beautiful and I felt like I was almost drifting along with the words as I read... :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete