One Day
Reflected stars fade on the water.
How can you call me your daughter?
Shadows shift in endless art.
My hands are clean, but not my heart.
“This is love…” your blood for me.
I wait beside the sunrise sea.
“It’s not enough!” my desperate scream.
A shiver breaks my half-formed dream.
A shiver breaks my half-formed dream.
My shadow swallowed up in light.
Heavy soul, consumed with blight.
My head bent low against the sun.
My head bent low against the sun.
I’m drowning dry; I am undone.
My unworthiness, a theme.
The sea sends back the sunset’s gleam.
Why would you have chosen me?
Darkness damps the sparkling sea.
The moon before me and above.
I cringe beneath relentless love.
Motionless beneath the sky,
I know my sin and yearn to die.
I question this, your holy will.
The tide flows out, my soul grows still.
I cannot see, yet stumble on,
ohhh this is beautiful. :)
ReplyDeletebeautiful!! I love it. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete