[Found this on my computer from over a year and a half ago--had completely forgotten about it--and appreciated the encouragement. Thought someone else might, too.]
I can't stand anymore;
it's too heavy.
my whole being is throbbing,
pulsing.
Intense pain
everywhere.
I see his hand, stretched out toward me,
and I turn away in shame
and something like hatred.
But his hand is still there, waiting.
Finally, desperation overcomes;
I reach for him;
put it in his hand.
Everything.
I see the rest of him now;
I see his face twist in aguish,
And the pain in his eyes makes me want to weep.
I see him stagger backward, under the weight;
I see the blood making rivulets down his face.
I hear his agonized, tortured breathing.
And I realize my world has stopped spinning,
the pounding in my head has ceased;
strength creeps back into my bones
and I can stand again.
And I am free.
Very encouraging. God is so faithful! The beginning of this made me think of the story "footprints" and how we often feel alone in our sorrows but when we stop we realize God has always been there the whole time, even when it doesn't feel like it. Thanks Allison :)
ReplyDeletei needed to read this tonight. thank you <3
ReplyDelete