Pages

Mariposa Lily

Mariposa Lily

August 8, 2010

Looking ahead

Transitions are confusing.
Friday, like most every other Friday this summer, I worked at the day camp and played with the kids.  This morning I went to church and had lunch with my dear friends there.  A few hours later, I was in a dorm room surrounded by boxes, a dresser, desk and bed, and empty white cinder-block walls.  Of course, my family was here and helped me move in, but it was weird going to dinner with a bunch of Trinity staff and RAs.  Somehow school and home tend to be separated in my mind.  The changes I've undergone in one necessarily affect the other, and I discuss happenings at school with friends from home and vice versa.  But they are still quite distinct, and for whatever reason it was odd jumping so rapidly from my summertime routine to living at school again.
It helps that school itself doesn't start until August 25, and while it's a little strange that the dorm is so quiet, I like it.  I'm not diving fully from one "life" to the other all at once.  There is little noise or chaos and I can face the relative jumble of my room and thoughts more easily (though I'll admit my room is looking pretty organized already).

I'm not sure what to expect from this year as a freshman-floor RA, and perhaps it's best that way.  I know I'm going to grow a lot, and I know I'm going to see God work in incredible ways.

Tomorrow we check-in the athletes: there are four in my suite.  I'm slightly nervous.  I feel young and not like one with authority or so much responsibility, and the real training hasn't started yet. But I'm sure it'll be fine.

Overall, I'm excited to see what God does this year.  If I had expectations, God would exceed them even while breaking them and proving me wrong.  Yet even without them I know God will bring me through difficulties, tears and pain, show me His overwhelming joy, beauty and love, and fill me with awe for His geatness.  It won't be that easy to see the purpose while it happens, but here at the outset I'm trusting Him.

Thus, I begin the first day of this new adventure praying God would bless the year ahead, keep me seeking Him constantly, and more than anything use me to bless others with His love.

¡gloria a Dios!

allison

No comments:

Post a Comment